Is social media having an impact?
The short answer is "yes". Think about the following statistics released in August of this year...
- Years to Reach 50 millions Users:
Radio: 38 Years
TV : 13 Years
Internet: 4 Years
iPod: 3 Years
Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months
iPhone applications hit 1 billion in 9 months
- 1 in 6 higher education students are enrolled in online curriculum
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year-old females
- The second-largest search engine in the world is YouTube
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products and brands
- More than 1.5 million pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) are shared on Facebook…daily.
Social media has not only changed how we communicate and operate as consumers, it's radically changed how we do business. If social media is not part of your business and marketing plans, you're missing a significant opportunity.